Dr. Parth Goyal
- Been a research associate at Yale School of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry, U.S.A, (2014) - one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Worked on the Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, and its role in the reduction of Auditory Hallucination in treatment resistant Schizophrenia, under the guidance of Dr. Ralph Hoffman
- Completed a clinical rotation of 1 month, in in-patient services at Yale Psychiatric Hospital, Yale University, U.S.A., under the supervision of Dr. Robert Ostroff in 2014
- Completed a clinical attachment with the National Health Scheme (United Kingdom), under the guidance of Dr. A. N. Chowdhary for a period of 15 days in 2014
- Presented orally on Role of C.B.T. in the Treatment of Stress in First Year Medical Students at INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WEEK (2011) AT ILMENAU, Germany
- Attended a 3-day workshop on International Course on Electroconvulsive Therapy, conducted by Dr. Sackeim, Dr. George, Dr. Loo and Dr. Sienaert, at Singapore in 2015
- Been an associate student member in the International Academy of Behavioral Medicine, Counseling, Psychotherapy and Chemical Dependence, Texas (IABMCP Inc.)
Apart from his academic and professional qualifications, Dr. Parth also has, to his name, a number of other achievements like hosting the 47th Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, West Zone Branch (Vadodara) 2016, being the editor of his college magazine, winning certain quiz competitions & debates and has also been active in dance and drama during his school and college days.
Areas of Interest
His main areas of interest and focus include Neuro-stimulation and Addiction medicine.
Dr. Parth Goyal has not only attended a lot of workshops in his field of interest, but has also worked for the same.
- He has been trained in the use of repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS), at Yale University, U.S.A., under the guidance of Dr. Ralph Hoffman
- He has also been trained in the use of Ultra-brief pulse Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) at Yale School of Medicine, under the guidance of Dr. Robert Ostroff
- He has completed a thesis on ‘Evaluating the effectiveness of the trans-cranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) as an augmenting agent in patients with anti-psychotic resistant auditory hallucination in Schizophrenia’
- He has attended an International Course on Electroconvulsive Therapy conducted by Dr. Sackeim, Dr. George, Dr. Loo and Dr. Sienaert, at Singapore
- He has attended multiple workshops on neuro-stimulation, including the 1st Symposium of Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry, at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) Bengaluru, 2015
- He has attended the National Conference on ECT and Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry, held at Masina Hospital (Mumbai), 2015
- He has attended the National Workshop on ‘Recent Technological Advances and Interventions for Psychiatric Disorders’ at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, 2016
- Presented a poster on ‘Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation as a treatment option for Hallucinosis: A Case Report’ at the 1st Symposium on Non-invasive Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry held at NIMHANS, Bengaluru on September 20, 2015
- Published a paper on Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation for Chronic Continuous Antipsychotic-Refractory Auditory Hallucinations in Alcoholic Hallucinosis, in Brain Stimulation
- Attended the National Addiction CME 2016, at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru
Apart from the above, Dr. Parth Goyal has also presented various papers and posters on topics like ‘Perceived Problems among psychiatrists towards using Evidence Based Journal Clubs (EBJC)’, ‘Schizophrenia Associated with Visual Processing Deficits that can recover with Cognitive Training’.
His papers have been published in various prestigious journals of psychiatry like Journal of ECT, Indian Journal of Psychiatry and Journal of Psychology & Psychotherapy.
Dr. Parth Goyal strives towards providing a comprehensive treatment plan for his patients and providing them with health care accommodating the social, cultural and biological factors.
3rd Floor, Sigma Excellence, Opp. Falguni
Gruh Udyog, Near Vastrapur Lake,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380052
For Appointments Call